The term Installed Base refers to the information maintained by Juniper as part of its product support offerings about the Juniper products your company has purchased.
The installed base view contains device-specific details (known to Juniper through the sale and maintenance of the device) along with the status information collected from the installed devices.
To access the Installed Base view, you must first link your Juniper account to Mist organization on the Organization > Settings page.
Once you link the account, you can view the Installed Base information on the Organization > Inventory > Installed Base page.
Link Juniper Accounts to Mist Organization
You can view the Installed Base information for only those devices that are associated with the Juniper account linked to your Mist Organization. See also: “View Installed Base” below.
Note: To link your Juniper account to your Mist Organization, you must be able to access the Organization > Settings page. For that, you must be assigned with the Mist Super User role.
To link your Juniper account to an Organization in Mist:
- On the left panel, click Organization > Settings and then locate the Juniper Account Integration tile.
Figure1: The Juniper Account Integration Section on the Settings Page
- On the Juniper Account Integration tile, click Add Juniper Account. The Add Juniper Account window is displayed.
- Enter the access credentials (e-mail address and password) of the Juniper account to be linked, and then click Add. Mist validates the Juniper account, links the user’s primary Juniper account to Mist Organization, and populates the Organization > Inventory > Installed Base page with the devices assigned to the user’s primary Juniper account. The Juniper Account Integration section displays the linked primary account name.
To unlink an already linked account, click the delete icon against the account name.
When you unlink a user account, the associated devices are removed from the Installed Base page.
View Installed Base
To access the Installed Base view of your Juniper devices, you must link your Juniper account to your Mist Organization.
You can use the Installed Base information to onboard the devices to Mist cloud.
The Installed Base view provides device-specific details and status information about the Juniper devices that are:
- Assigned to the Juniper account mapped to your Mist Organization through the Juniper Account Integration tile on the Organization > Settings
- Maintained by Juniper Networks through an active support contract.
- Compatible with Mist Assurance.
To view the Installed Base information:
Click Organization > Inventory > Installed Base. The Installed Base tab is displayed.
Figure3: The Installed Base View
Note: The Installed Base view doesn’t list all the below fields by default. You can use the hamburger menu on the top right of the page to show, hide, and reorder the fields.
- Connection—Shows the device status:
- Assured—Indicates that the device has been onboarded to Mist to the Wired or WAN Assurance experience.
- Onboarded—Indicates that the device has been onboarded to Mist to the Juniper Support Insights experience.
- Not Onboarded—Indicates that the device is currently not onboarded to Mist.
- Model—The device model. Example: EX2300-24P.
- Installed Address—Device location address, as maintained by Juniper support services.
- Serial Number—The device serial number, which is a unique ID mapped to the device.
- Svc Contract #—The service contract document number associated with the device.
- Product SKU—The part number (stock keeping unit) associated with the device.
- Service SKU—The part number (stock keeping unit) of the active support coverage associated with the device.
- Svc Contract Start Date—The date on which the support contract begins.
- Svc Contract End Date—The date on which the support contract ends.
- EoL Date—The date on which the device reaches end of life.
- EoS Date—The date on which the device reaches end of support.
- Customer PO #—The purchase order number associated with the device. Multiple devices can have the same purchase order number.
- Sales Order #—The sales order number associated with the device. Multiple devices can have the same sales order number.
- Reseller—Name of the reseller through which your company acquired the device.
- Distributor—Name of the distributor through which your company acquired the device.
- Warranty Type—The warranty type associated with the device. Example: Standard Hardware Warranty.
- Warranty Start Date—The date on which the device warranty becomes active.
- Warranty End Date—The date on which the device warranty expires.
On this page, you can;
- Filter the device list by using the filter option provided on the upper left. Use the column names as search filters.
- View a quick summary of the installed devices by the device model on the page banner. You can also click each device model (for example, EX4300, SRX300) to quickly filter the device list by that model. To clear an active filter, click it again.
- Hide, show, and reorder the columns by using the hamburger menu on the top right of the page. You cannot hide or reorder the Model and Connection
- Use the progress bars (filters) on the banner to view the percentage of the devices in Assured, Onboarded, and Not Onboarded states. If you select a filter (for example, Assured), it displays ‘100%’, indicating that all the devices on the list are in the Assured state. And the other filters display ‘0%’, indicating that the list doesn’t show any devices in Onboarded and Not Onboarded states. To clear an active filter, click it again.
- Access Juniper Support Portal (JSP) from the help (?) menu.
- Download the Installed Base data in CSV format by clicking the download link on the top right of the page. The downloaded file has an additional column named ‘Type’ to indicate whether the device is a switch or WAN edge.
Note: If you open the downloaded CSV file with Excel on a Mac computer, any non-English characters in the file might appear as special characters. To avoid this issue, follow the steps below:
- Open a new Excel file and then select File > Import > CSV file > Import.
- Select the file to be opened and then click Get Data.
The Text Import Wizard window appears.
- Select Unicode (UTF-8) as File Origin.
- Click Finish.
Adopt a Device
To adopt a device to the Juniper Mist cloud, use the Adopt Switches and WAN Edges buttons on the upper right of the page. For more information, see Adopting a Juniper EX Switch – Video, Adding an EX Series Switch to the Juniper Mist Cloud, and SRX Adoption.
When you successfully adopt a device, it becomes cloud-connected. The cloud-connected devices are listed on the Switches or WAN Edges tab (depending on the device type) with the status Connected, in addition to being listed on the Installed Base tab.