WLAN Rate Limit
- Total for this WLAN on this AP
Per Client Rate Limit
- Total per client on this AP
Application Rate Limit
- Limit total bandwidth available for specific applications
- Multiple applications can be used
- More applications will be added over time
In general rate limiting should be used when required as it can have unintended consequences. Testing should be done.
Please see this technical paper which shows you can actually hurt your wired network.
Also keep in mind that is common to use ‘leaky bucket’ algorithms where you might see an initial burst above your set limit, but over time it reflect the limit set.