- Every PSK (Pre-shared Key) has a Key Name
- This name is reported in the Mist Management platform
- Allows user level accountability with PSK simplicity
- If a PSK is compromised there is no need to change every client.
- Multiple users allow any number to use the key
- Single user ties this key to a specific MAC address
- There is a limit of 5,000 PSK’s per Site on the suggested firmware, or 5000 PSK’s per ORG if org level PSK is used
Please note that you need to add all VLANS in the list which are being used in each PSK key. If not added, the AP will not forward DHCP discover to the wired network.
Example of creating a key.