The Mist AI app is designed to help in installing Mist Access points on a floor plan.
- The installer has minimum access to the org.
- They can do the initial installation such as claim AP to Org, assign AP to site, or place on map.
- Users with installer access cannot unclaim or remove the AP from the Org.
- Only available on iOS
- Users with Admin Role have access to all app features
Installing the App
- iPhone, iPod, and iPad with OS version 10 or later.
- Android phone and tablet with OS version 6.0 or later.
To download the app, navigate to the App store on the device and search for MistAI. After downloading and installing onto your device, click on Open or the MistAI icon to start using the Mobile app.
Search on AppStore, download and install the mobile app
Note: Currently, MistAI App with Installer role support is available only on the iOS platform.
Getting started with Mist
To start using the App, you need to create an account from the Mist UI portal. You can select the link depending on the deploying Organization(Org) environment. Please contact the Org admin or Mist support if you need to find out what your environment is.
Note: you cannot register an account with Mist directly on the MistAI App. You need to sign up using the web links shared above. As an installer, you will receive an invite to the deployment Org from the admin on your registered E-mail.
To login to the MistAI app, you should be registered with a Mist account and have an invite from the admin to access the Org.
- Select the environment. (Production-AWS/ Production-GCP/ EU-AWS)
- Enter the registered email and password for the first time.
- If 2FA is enabled on the Mist account, please use your authenticator app to verify the user device.
- On your next login, you can use Touch ID/Face ID/Passcode to log in directly into the App.
Select the environment and login into the mobile app
Note: Biometric authentication will work only if your device supports this feature and you have enabled it from device settings.
Org List and Home Screen
- Display a list of all the Orgs you have access to.
- Search for the Org you want to open. All Orgs on your account will be alphabetical order.
- Choose the Org and you will be prompted at the home screen of the selected Org. From here you can either go to AP inventory, Claim AP to Org, and Search/Select Sites.
Org list and home screen page
This is where you can see all “Assigned” and “Unassigned” APs on your org. Note that this is currently from an org level, showing all APs from all sites under your org. You can also edit and search for APs.
Assigned APs: The assigned AP list has all the APs on the Org level which has already been added to the respective sites.
- You can search for the name or mac address
- You can edit the assigned list to unassign APs from the site.
Search by name or mac address
Unassigned APs: The unassigned AP list has all APs claimed to the Org and not assigned to the site.
- Similar to the assigned list, you can search for the name or mac address.
- You can edit the unassigned list and assign the APs to the respective sites.
Assign and unassign APs to the site from AP inventory
Claim AP to Org
This is used to claim Access points by scanning the QR code on an AP or enter the Claim code directly. After successfully claiming the AP to the Org, you can find the claimed AP in the AP inventory ➡️ Unassigned AP list.
Claim AP to the org using QR code and Claim Code
Identify AP (only in iOS)
You can scan APs that are close by to identify APs. This “Identify AP” feature is only available in iOS.
Scan – start scanning for the nearby APs.
Clear – remove all the detected APs.
Stop – stop scanning for AP.
- At the bottom of the home page, you can see all the sites that are on the selected org. From here you can select which site to go into, see what APs are claimed to that site, and see the maps that are associated with the selected site.
- Once you select your site you can see all the floor-plans at the bottom of the page. From here you can see the entire floor-plan and the current AP placements.
- You can then select the APs, make changes, and save. Whatever changes you make on the Mist AI app will reflect back in the Mist portal.
Select site from the home page, see all maps (floorplans), APs placed on the site and Map
From here you can claim the AP to the site by scan QR code on the AP or using claim code.
Claim APs or assign APs to your site
Verify AP (only in iOS)
- When you select a Map from the Site detail or AP detail page after placing AP on the floor plan, you can enable the “Verify AP” switch. This is where you can select AP and make a note if the AP placement is GOOD or BAD.
- By selecting GOOD/BAD, the AP icon turns green or red respectively. Label/tag is created and associated with that AP. You can view this label/tag on Mist Portal.
When selecting an AP from Site or AP inventory – Assigned list, you can navigate to the AP detail page. From here you can update the AP name, set it on the floor-plan, and edit both the placement and orientation of the AP.
Locate – This can be used to verify the AP placement. When selected, the LEDs on the physical AP will start blinking green and purple. Unlocate will help stop blinking.
Name – Change the AP name. By default, the AP name is set as its MAC address.
Status – Current AP status (Connected or disconnected)
MAC – displays AP MAC address
Map – If AP is not placed on a map, it will show ”place on the map” otherwise, it will show the map name. You can place or Verify the AP location on the floor map.
Locate and unlocate AP to verify AP location
Position: You can set it on the floor-plan and edit both the placement and orientation of the AP.
Place on the floor map, set AP position and orientation
Height: You can change the AP height in meters or feet. By default, the height is set to 2.75m.
Site: Show the site in which the AP is assigned.
Notes: You can add notes to mark down troubled areas.
Set AP height in meters or feet and add notes
Show AP Photos: You can upload up to 3 photos. This will also reflect on the Mist UI dashboard.
Remove from map: This will remove the AP from the floor map. However, AP will still be in the assigned AP list.
Unassign AP: This will remove the AP from the site and move it to unassigned AP list in the AP inventory.