Marvis Virtual Assistant
Meet Marvis, the first AI-driven Virtual Network Assistant (VNA) service that transforms how your IT teams interact and engage with enterprise networks to streamline operations and boost user experiences.
The days of memorizing CLI commands and stitching dashboards together are over. When experience is the new uptime for the AI-Driven Enterprise, you need to get answers in real time, just as your end users expect to have their issues resolved quickly.
Over the past four years, Juniper has implemented a variety of data science tools with Mist AI so that Marvis continues to learn and improve as part of a true Self-Driving Network™. Marvis is not just another “nice to have” tool. It will quickly become an essential tool for your IT team, evolving the way you experience and interact with the network.
Benefits of Marvis VNA
Maximize User Experience
- Understand issues faster and get more done with the first conversational interface driven by the Mist AI engine for enterprise networks
- Fix problems proactively and automatically before users know they exist
Prioritize IT Spend
- Enable faster troubleshooting and streamlines operations for less downtime
- Prioritize tickets based on scope of impact
Gain New Insights
- Understand your WLAN, LAN, WAN and security domains without playing dashboard detective and hunting through numerous screenshots
- Analyze and correlate data to determine the magnitude and scope of problems
Key Components of VNA
A Conversational, Interactive Mist AI Engine
The Marvis Conversational Interface uses advanced Natural Language Processing (NLP) to understand user intent and goals. It contextualizes the inquiry to return specific results and can even take actions based on user feedback.
Describe your intent to Marvis, and it will take an action without requiring users to remember specific dashboards or CLI commands to implement the change.
Simplify Troubleshooting with Marvis Actions
Marvis Actions, a part function of the Self-Driving Network™, leverages Mist AI to identify the root cause of issues across IT domains (WLAN, LAN, WAN, and security). It automatically fixes or recommends actions (driver-assist mode) with high efficacy for connected systems outside of the Juniper domain.
For Wired Assurance, Marvis Actions detects Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) loops, adds missing VLAN tags, fixes misconfigured ports, and identifies bad cables. With Wi-Fi Assurance, Marvis Actions tracks and manages firmware upgrades and EAP 802.1x authentication errors.
Currently for Android only. Get network visibility inside out, from the device’s perspective. In addition to the rich visibility of the device’s Wi-Fi experience, you can now understand how the device sees the Wi-Fi environment.
Plus, see how roaming decisions are made when devices switch between cellular and Wi-Fi, additional Wi-Fi properties, and coverage issues due to asymmetry.
Marvis adds anomaly detection within service-level expectation (SLEs) so administrators can proactively identify service-impacting events and determine the root cause for rapid remediation and resolution.
Anomaly detection uses data science tools to establish and monitor service baselines and can send trigger notifications when there’s a deviation. Using our APIs, you can automate your external actions, such as creation of a help-desk ticket without manual intervention.
Understand Scope with Correlated Data
Marvis correlates information across a large knowledge base, including WLAN, LAN, WAN, and security domains, to determine the scope and magnitude of a problem. This correlation helps to prioritize issues, assign resources efficiently, and reduce pressure on support teams. Ask questions such as:
- Did an upgrade cause a wireless issue?
- Is the issue specific to client, a group of clients, the entire site, or many locations?
- Is it happening rarely, occasionally, or frequently?
- Is there a coverage issue or is a DHCP server responding slowly?
- What are my users’ experiences across the WAN?
- What is the scope and impact of the problem?