New BLE Service and Partnerships Prevent Loss of High Value Items, Optimize Staffing Levels, Improve Emergency Response Times, and more
“Many usage scenarios exist for indoor location services. They differ in the types of people or assets being tracked whose location is needed to improve not only a business process, but also the granularity that is required to make better business decisions, such as optimized maintenance and staffing,” according to Tim Zimmerman and Annette Zimmerman of Gartner.
“Mist is the first vendor to offer an open, scalable wireless networking platform that brings connectivity, indoor location services, asset tracking and IoT together in a seamless and cost-effective manner,” said Sudheer Matta, vice president of products at Mist. “The Mist platform leverages machine learning and modern cloud technologies to simplify wireless operations and deliver amazing new location based services.”
Expanding Mist’s Groundbreaking Bluetooth® LE offering
Mist was the first company to introduce an enterprise-grade platform for indoor BLE location services with groundbreaking features including a dynamic BLE 16 antenna array integrated into Mist’s Wi-Fi Access Points, machine learning in the Mist cloud eliminating the need for expensive site surveys, and patented virtual beacon (vBLE) technology. The Mist architecture is also unique in its ability to both transmit and receive BLE signals, which makes it ideal for “contextual engagement” services, such as way finding and proximity messaging, as well as “operational efficiency” applications, like the new asset visibility service now offered. Example use cases for Mist’s Asset Visibility service include:
- Healthcare: Easily locate assets, patients and caregivers and get real-time visibility into workflows and resource utilization
- Retail/Warehousing: Find associates, forklifts, ladders, pallets, and other strategic assets.
- Hospitality: Optimize staffing resources based on traffic patterns; Connect guests to nearby associates for rapid service; Find mobile resources like luggage carts.
- Transport & Logistics: Track assets and optimize paths in loading docks and warehouse
- Enterprise: Locate employees in an emergency; Check-in visitors automatically; Easily find available conference rooms; Measure traffic patterns for accurate resource planning.
Expanding the Mist Bluetooth® LE alliance
The Mist BLE Alliance, announced in December 2016, is driving the adoption of high accuracy indoor location services through BLE thought leadership and product interoperability. The initial goal of the program was to facilitate the adoption of contextual engagement services such as wayfinding, proximity messaging, and resource scheduling applications. Now Mist has expanded the alliance to also include asset visibility, with the inclusion of the following industry leaders:
- AiRISTA is a leader in providing Bluetooth® LE based Real Time Location Systems (RTLS), process improvement, and workflow automation solutions. AiRISTA’s technology-agnostic Unified Visibility Solution (UVS) is an enterprise grade IoT platform which is offered for both on premise and in-cloud deployments, seamlessly integrating BLE based AiRISTA tags and sensory devices.
- Bluvision is leading the innovation in the IoT space as market leaders in sensor beacons; software driven, highly-accurate RTLS; and the pioneers of achieving cloud connectivity without the need for smartphone applications. Bluvision’s advanced architecture provides enterprises scalable solutions for tracking the location, health and performance of assets and employees.
- Cetani utilizes its Activate software platform for various uses including visibility, asset management and advanced workflow monitoring and management. With over 15 years of indoor locating experience and industry leading software, Cetani has a depth of location solutions and a history of innovative products not found in other solutions.
- Kontakt.io is the leading provider of Bluetooth Low Energy beacons and tags globally. Kontakt.io uses BLE beacon technology to bridge the gap between real and digital. They are empowering business in every vertical by connecting proximity-aware devices to the cloud. Future IoT solutions will require seamless connectivity, and Kontakt.io is helping build a powerful foundation through proper IoT asset tagging and tracking.
Pricing and availability
Mist’s new Asset Visibility Service is Generally Available (GA) today via authorized Mist partners. Like Mist’s Business Critical Wi-Fi Assurance service and Bluetooth® LE Contextual Engagement service, Mist’s Asset Visibility service is purchased per Mist Access Point on an annual basis. Pricing is available upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or to find a partner near you.
Mist Systems, a Juniper Networks company, is leading the transition to AI-driven IT. The Mist Learning Wireless LAN (WLAN) makes Wi-Fi predictable, reliable and measurable by providing unprecedented visibility into the user experience and by replacing time consuming manual IT tasks with proactive automation. In addition, Mist brings enterprise-grade Wi-Fi, BLE and IoT together to deliver personalized, location-based wireless services without requiring battery-powered beacons. All operations are managed via Mist’s modern cloud architecture for maximum scalability, agility and performance.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks’ prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company’s failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks’ most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks’ general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.