New Course Debuts May 8 at ONUG Spring Event; Equips IT Personnel with AI, DevOps and Scripting Skills for Automated IT Operations
“The number of devices, applications and computing devices are growing exponentially every year, while workers and data are increasingly distributed. This makes it harder than ever to deploy and operate IT infrastructures on a limited budget,” said Nick Lippis, co-founder and co-chair ONUG. “For IT departments to become more cost effective and strategic to business operations, they need to deliver better insight into the user experience in a more automated fashion. We are pleased to see companies like Mist and Verizon help make this possible by training IT personnel on the key technologies that make it happen.”
According to Gartner, “Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) leaders that are planning, sourcing and managing network infrastructure must:
- Implement network automation now for all access layer processes wherever possible, and eliminate mundane tasks by network administration personnel.
- Pilot AIOps platforms in the access layer, with the ultimate goals of mitigating network downtime, increasing quality of experience (QOE) and reducing human intervention.
- Evaluate a limited number of network administration resources to be reskilled for new data scientist roles, and eliminate the remainder of resources as access layer requirements diminish due to implementation of AI and automation.”
“AI is critical for bringing automation and insight to the IT industry, which lowers costs, improves efficiencies and leads to a better end user experience,” said Viraj Parekh, executive director of product and new business initiatives at Verizon. “Our goal is to provide a way for IT administrators or departments to be able to leverage AI in the work they do every day.”
AI for IT Course Overview
Topics covered in the AI for IT certification course at ONUG Academy include:
- Fundamentals of programming with Python and networking APIs for IT automation
- AI technologies and their increasingly important role for IT
- Hands on lab where attendees will learn:
- How to setup an AI-driven Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
- Automated configuration
- Customized monitoring
- Proactive alerting and trending analysis
Where: UCSF Mission Bay Conference Center, San Francisco, CA
When: May 8, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. PT
Who should attend:
IT personnel interested in gaining hands-on experience working with APIs to automate the deployment and operations of an AI-driven wireless network. Prior experience with Python and wireless networking is recommended, but not required.
Registration is required. Click here to register for the ONUG Spring 2018 Academy Pass, which includes one course per day. For a complimentary registration code to sign up for the AI for IT certification course, please contact Mist at email@example.com
Mist, a Juniper company, built the first AI-driven wireless platform with the world’s first virtual IT assistant. The Mist Learning Wireless LAN makes Wi-Fi predictable, reliable and measurable by providing unprecedented visibility into the user experience and by replacing time consuming manual IT tasks with proactive automation. In addition, Mist is the first vendor to bring enterprise-grade Wi-Fi, BLE and IoT together to deliver personalized, location-based wireless services without requiring battery-powered beacons. All operations are managed via Mist’s modern cloud architecture for maximum scalability, agility and performance.
Offleash for Mist