Transforming the Campus Network Experience
Top colleges and universities have turned to AI for their wireless networking needs. They are looking for reliable Wi-Fi in high density environments such as classrooms and auditoriums. They need proactive troubleshooting to fix issues before students tweet about it. And they are looking for analytics on mobile user behavior to optimize resources across campus.
Are you developing plans to go back to campus and looking for ways to help reduce risk for students and faculty? The Mist AI powered Contact Tracing helps to reduce risk with Hot Zone Alerting, Journey Mapping, and Proximity Tracing. If there is a student or faculty that reports a positive Covid-19 result, Proximity Tracing and Journey Mapping help understand who may be at higher risk and should be alerted, as well as identifying areas of the campus that need to be cleaned. Hot Zone Alerting alerts your staff when there are large gatherings that exceed your student and faculty density policy limits so that you can disperse large crowds.
Are you ready to graduate to an AI-Driven campus network? Only Mist makes the grade.
Benefits of AI-driven wireless
Provide Easy and Reliable
- Assured student experience with Wi-Fi service levels
- Easy guest Wi-Fi with captive portal, SMS, and social media login
- Securely share personal devices like Apple TVs and Chromecasts
- AI-driven RF optimization enables high density learning
Optimize Resources and Lower Costs
- Eliminate complex and brittle WLAN controllers
- Faster troubleshooting via AI-driven virtual assistant
- APIs to ensure easy WLAN configuration with no errors
- Traffic analytics optimize resources across campus
Deliver New Mobile Experiences
Enhance the campus experience with personalized location services:
- Advertise campus events, sports
- Deliver location-aware student alerts
- Self-guided tours, campus navigation
- Find open study areas, security personnel
See how Mist is transforming Higher Education:
Integrated Help Desk
Marvis uses machine learning to perform unique troubleshooting and helpdesk functions like anomaly detection, event correlation, and confidence ratings. By leveraging APIs, this can trigger automated workflows so you can rapidly solve (or avoid) wired, wireless and device problems.