State-of-the-art wireless is key to better connected health.
Demographics, the rise of an aging population and a new wave of millennials, is challenging healthcare’s service delivery. Smartphones for remote healthcare monitoring or viewing your latest test results online has been the delivery hub of modern medicine. Meanwhile, healthcare institutions have adjusted to the real-time requests of the digital patient. Unreliable Wi-Fi can cause undue stress to patients, and expensive RTLS platforms can hold you back from delivering the care your patients deserve.
Likewise, the impact of IoT on healthcare is so big that it has a category of its own, IoMT, where patients are wearing health monitoring endpoints. Meanwhile on the hospital grounds, administrators of the digital ready hospitals are doing their own thing on the wireless network by tracking down wheel chairs, medicine carts, and even patients. Whether its wayfinding for new patients or continuous asset tracking for continuous operations, talk to Mist.
Are your patients sick of bad wireless? Mist’s AI-driven wireless is the cure.
Benefits of AI-Driven Wireless
Easy to Setup, Operate, and Troubleshoot
- Customizable Wi-Fi service levels
- Easy guest access with captive portal, SMS, and social media login
- Simple troubleshooting with AI-driven virtual assistant
- APIs ensure fast configuration with no errors
Cost-effective Asset Location
- Standards-based Bluetooth eliminates need for proprietary RTLS
- Single platform for all wireless needs
- Real-time heat maps and historical data for analytics
Deliver New Mobile Experiences
Personalize the patient experience (with virtual Bluetooth® LE):
- Mobile check-in
- Proximity messages, alerts, and notifications
- Turn-by-turn directions
- Find closest assistance
- Lock doors, turn on security cameras, and other IoT integration
Integrated Help Desk
Marvis uses machine learning to perform unique troubleshooting and helpdesk functions like anomaly detection, event correlation, and confidence ratings. By leveraging APIs, this can trigger automated workflows so you can rapidly solve (or avoid) wired, wireless and device problems.